Long Point World Biosphere Celebrates Amazing Places in Norfolk County
The Top Amazing Places in Norfolk County from 2016:
- Backus Woods
- Big Creek National Wildlife Area
- Canada’s First Forestry Station
- Joe Csubak Viewing Area
- Port Dover Harbour Museum
- Port Rowan Wetlands
- Sutton Conservation Area
- Quance Mill and Park
- Waterford Heritage and Agriculture Museum
The Top 10 Amazing Places in Norfolk County from 2015:
- Backus Heritage Conservation Area
- Black Bridge – Waterford Heritage Trail
- Bonnieheath Estate Lavender & Winery
- Deer Creek Conservation Area
- Long Point Provincial Park Beach
- Long Point Bird Observatory
- Long Point Eco Adventures
- Lynn Valley Trail
- Sand Hill Park
- Whistling Gardens
Read the media release here.
What is the Amazing Places project?
Amazing Places is a mapping project that was originally launched by the Fundy Biosphere Reserve in New Brunswick. 50 Amazing Places were mapped for natural or cultural significance. Each location is equipped with a sign containing a QR code that links to one page of interpretive information on their Amazing Places website, and several of the Amazing Places now have “Planet Earth” style videos that are used by visitor centres, travel researchers, classrooms, and the public.
Thanks to some funding from the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, the Long Point Biosphere will be replicating the Amazing Places project, in partnership with Norfolk County, in our community.