Welcome to our Digital Library!
Pertinent information on academic research, monitoring, best management practices and regulatory requirements may not always be readily accessible to conservation practitioners and the general public.
The Long Point World Biosphere Reserve has set out to provide public access via the creation of a comprehensive, searchable web-database that will enable conservation practitioners to access information that will assist them in implementing the best management practices to ensure effective ecosystem and resource management, as well as conservation and restoration.
Through acquiring special permissions from local organizations, the LPWBR has started to compile research papers, grey literature, case studies, guiding regulations, and relevant legislation which have been made publicly accessible through one database.
If you, or an organization you know would be interested in contributing to this public database by sharing publications, grey literature, case studies or documents you feel contribute to the maintenance and management of the LPWBR; please contact us (email).
- Biodiversity Monitoring
- 2008 Marsh Birds And Anurans Report (731.7 KB)
- Canadian Biosphere Reserves and Social Innovations: An Exploration (2009) (221.8 KB)
- Community Guide To Canada's Biosphere Reserves (2005) (2.1 MB)
- Community-based Ecosystem Monitoring: A Tool for Developing and Promoting Ecosystem-based Management and Decision Making in the Long Point World Biosphere Reserve (2004) (122.7 KB)
- Insights From Activities In The Long Point World Biosphere Reserve And Oak Ridges Moraine, Ontario (2008) (233.2 KB)
- Landowner Action In Carolinian Canada (2008) (1.9 MB)
- Learning From Each Other: Biosphere Reserves & Model Forests in Canada (2013) (1.2 MB)
- LPWBR Monitoring Program User Guide (2003) (1.6 MB)
- Mean Annual Temperature and Total Annual Precipitation Trends at Canadian Biosphere Reserves (2001) (608.1 KB)
- Norfolk Environmental Advisory Committee: State of the Environment (541.8 KB)
- Sustainability, Social Learning and the Long Point World Biosphere Reserve (2006) (365.5 KB)
- Sustaining Canadian Communities: Place, Space and Governance (2006) (251.7 KB)
- The Role of UNESCO Biosphere Reserves in Governance for Sustainability: Cases from Canada (2009) (3.4 MB)
- Toward Rehabilitation of the Crown Marsh – Long Point, Lake Erie, Ontario (2007) (296.2 KB)
- UNESCO Biosphere Reserves Towards Common Intellectual Ground (2012) (595.9 KB)
- Cultural and Ecosystem Stresses Workshops
- Fish & Water
- Invasive Species
- Long Point Environmental Folio Publication Series
- Norfolk County Resource Library