Welcome to our Digital Library!
Pertinent information on academic research, monitoring, best management practices and regulatory requirements may not always be readily accessible to conservation practitioners and the general public.
The Long Point World Biosphere Reserve has set out to provide public access via the creation of a comprehensive, searchable web-database that will enable conservation practitioners to access information that will assist them in implementing the best management practices to ensure effective ecosystem and resource management, as well as conservation and restoration.
Through acquiring special permissions from local organizations, the LPWBR has started to compile research papers, grey literature, case studies, guiding regulations, and relevant legislation which have been made publicly accessible through one database.
If you, or an organization you know would be interested in contributing to this public database by sharing publications, grey literature, case studies or documents you feel contribute to the maintenance and management of the LPWBR; please contact us (email).
- Biodiversity Monitoring
- Cultural and Ecosystem Stresses Workshops
- Fish & Water
- Invasive Species
- Long Point Environmental Folio Publication Series
- Assessment of crop depredation by wild turkeys in the United States and Ontario, Canada (2010) (205.6 KB)
- Atlas of the Mammals of Ontario (1994) (948.8 KB)
- Badger, Taxidea taxus (1985) (705.2 KB)
- Comparative Studies Of Giardia Spp in Small Mammals in Southern Ontario (1978) (1.5 MB)
- Distribution and Characterization of Borrelia burgdorferi Isolates from Ixodes scapularis and Presence in Mammalian Hosts in Ontario, Canada (2006) (764.3 KB)
- Duration of B. Burgdorferi Infectivity in White Footed Mice For The Tick Vector Ixodes Scapularis in Ontario (1997) (4.3 MB)
- Grazing Impacts of White-tailed Deer or “Culling Bambi to save the forest” (1999) (641.2 KB)
- Habitat Characteristics and Distribution of the American Badger in Southwestern Ontario (2006) (3.4 MB)
- Impacts of White-Tailed Deer Overabundance in Forest Ecosystems: An Overview (2008) (294.8 KB)
- Interactions Between Deer and Vegetation In Southern Ontario: Monitoring and Restoration of Overgrazed Plant Communities in Pinery and Rondeau Provincial Parks (1995) (11.5 MB)
- Interactions Between Deer and Vegetation In Southern Ontario: Monitoring and Restoration of Overgrazed Plant Communities in Pinery and Rondeau Provincial Parks (1996) (19.2 MB)
- Investigation of Ground Level and Remote-Sensed Data for Habitat Classification and Prediction of Survival of Ixodes scapularis in Habitats of Southeastern Canada (2006) (1.8 MB)
- Investigation of Relationship Between Temperature and Developmental Rates of Tick Ixodes scapularis (Acari: Ixodidae) in the Laboratory and Field (2004) (340.2 KB)
- Ixodes scapularis on White-tailed Deer From Long Point, Ontario (1972-1973) (1.8 MB)
- Lyme borreliosis in Ontario: determining the risks (2000) (578.6 KB)
- Lyme Disease Spirochete, Borrelia burgdorferi Endemic at Epicenter in Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario (2003) (79.4 KB)
- Lyme Disease Spirochete, Borrelia burgdorferi, Endemic in Epicenter at Turkey Point, Ontario (2004) (611.7 KB)
- Monitoring Vegetation After a Reduction in Deer Browsing at Long Point, Lake Erie (2002) (102.0 KB)
- Monitoring Vegetation After a Reduction in Deer Browsing at Long Point, Lake Erie (2003) (344.1 KB)
- Morphological responses of white-tailed deer to a severe population reduction (1998) (93.2 KB)
- Presence of spirochete causing Lyme disease, Borrelia burgdorferi, in the blacklegged tick, Ixodes scapularis, in southern Ontario (2000) (236.1 KB)
- Rapid Introduction Of Lyme Disease In Blacklegged Ticks Established At Turkey Point Provincial Park (2008) (236.4 KB)
- Responses of Vegetation to Grazing by White-Tailed Deer (1994) (6.3 MB)
- Restoring Highly Fragmented Populations of Herbaceous Spring Ephemerals in a Severely Grazed Carolinian Forest (2002) (894.2 KB)
- Seasonal changes in abomasal worms (Ostertagia spp.) in white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) at Long Point, Ontario (1975) (1.2 MB)
- Seasonal changes in louse populations on white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) (1975) (933.9 KB)
- Serologic Survey for Antibodies to B. burgdorferi White-tailed Deer in Ontario (1998) (1.9 MB)
- Shedding Light on the Problem of Deer Overgrazing in Carolinian Forests (2002) (3.9 MB)
- Small Mammals of Point Pelee National Park: Protecting Biodiversity in Small Reserves (1997) (9.4 MB)
- Norfolk County Resource Library