Pertinent information on academic research, monitoring, best management practices and regulatory requirements may not always be readily accessible to conservation practitioners and the general public.
The Long Point World Biosphere Reserve has set out to provide public access via the creation of a comprehensive, searchable web-database that will enable conservation practitioners to access information that will assist them in implementing the best management practices to ensure effective ecosystem and resource management, as well as conservation and restoration.
Through acquiring special permissions from local organizations, the LPWBR has started to compile research papers, grey literature, case studies, guiding regulations, and relevant legislation which have been made publicly accessible through one database.
If you, or an organization you know would be interested in contributing to this public database by sharing publications, grey literature, case studies or documents you feel contribute to the maintenance and management of the LPWBR please contact us.
- Biodiversity Monitoring
- Cultural and Ecosystem Stresses Workshops
- Fish & Water
- Invasive Species
- Long Point Environmental Folio Publication Series
- A Preliminary Bibliography for the Herpetofauna of Ontario, with Special Emphasis on Long Point and the North Shore of Lake Erie (1994)
- An Ecosystem Approach To Management Long Point's Inner Bay
- Analysis of Land Cover and Land Use Change in the Long Point Area from 1955 to 1990 Using Aerial Photography (1994)
- Analysis of Land Use/Land Cover Change of the Long Point Region from 1974 to 1984 Using Landsat MSS Images (1993)
- Climate Change and Long Point Bay: A Preliminary Analysis with Some Implications (1993)
- Conservation of Significant Birds of the Long Point Area: Description, Issues and Direction (1994)
- Fisheries of Lake Erie and The Long Point Area: Past and Present (1993)
- Forested Areas of Long Point Region: Landscape History and Strategic Planning (1993)
- Human History of the Long Point Area (1994)
- Lessons From Chesapeake Bay (1993)
- Local Economies of the Long Point Area (1994)
- Preparing an Environmental Folio for the Long Point Biosphere Reserve and Region (1993)
- Shoreline Flooding and Erosion Hazards in the Long Point Area (1994)
- Submerged Macrophytes of Long Point’s Inner Bay: Their Distribution and Value for Waterfowl (1993)
- The Historical Economies of the Long Point Area (1993)
- The Long Point Area: An Abiotic Perspective (1993)
- The Long Point Region: An Institutional and Land Tenure History and Examination of Management Needs (1993)
- Water Quality of Long Point Bay: Issues and Areas of Concern for Planning and Management (1994)
- Norfolk County Resource Library